Syn With a Pen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to come and chat about news, media, music, videos and post writings for all upcoming novelists.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mariah Carey Finally Confirms Pregnancy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AngryPrincess
Admin
AngryPrincess

Mariah Carey Finally Confirms Pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: Mariah Carey Finally Confirms Pregnancy   Mariah Carey Finally Confirms Pregnancy I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:42 am

Mariah Carey Finally Confirms Pregnancy Mariah_carey-ts-01-gd

After months of speculation, Mariah Carey has confirmed that she is pregnant.

"Yes, we are pregnant. It is true," she said Thursday morning on NBC's Today show as part of a sneak peek at a three-part Access Hollywood interview. "It's been a long journey. It's been tough because I've been trying to hold on to a shred of privacy."

In the Access interview, she revealed that she miscarried right after she and Nick Cannon wed in 2008. "It kind of shook us both and took us into a place that was really dark and difficult," she said. "When that happened... I wasn't able to even talk to anybody about it. That was not easy."

PHOTOS: New celeb moms and their adorable little ones

Cannon, 30, said "it definitely brought us closer together. It strengthened our relationship so much... She handled it so well."

She said she is due in spring but didn't want to say the exact date.

She said they have no plans to find out the baby's sex.

Carey, 41, first fueled pregnancy rumors in May when it was announced that she dropped out of Tyler Perry's drama For Colored Girls "because her doctor advised her not to," her rep told UsMagazine.com at the time.

Around the same time, she stepped out in Sao Paulo, Brazil, wearing a $140 Pea in the Pod Spaghetti Strap Halter Maternity Maxi Dress.

Ever since, she and Cannon -- who renewed their vows this past May to mark their second wedding anniversary -- have spent months carefully dodging pregnancy questions.

"I've said it before and I'll say it time and time again -- when my wife feels like talking about whatever she wants to talk about, you will hear it directly from her," Cannon said on his radio show NYC radio show in August. "Honestly ... I say this to you so you can tell whoever it is you've got to tell, we all know it's extremely personal, and it is for a woman to deal with things with her body, and especially when dealing with the idea of childbirth and all that stuff."

PHOTOS: Stars who've gotten pregnant in their 40s

The same month, Carey addressed the rumors in a statement to Us: "I appreciate everyone’s well wishes. But I am very superstitious. When the time is right, everyone will know - even Cindi Berger [her publicist]."

At a Russell Simmons event Oct. 20, Cannon opened up a bit more, telling Us he didn't care if they have a boy or girl: "We just want a healthy child."

VIDEO: Inside Bachelorette Jen Schefft's baby nursery

Carey has long talked about wanting kids.

In 2007, during an appearance on ABC's The View, she said: "If I were to have a child, I would want to be married with a stable family environment. Not to say that that's how everybody has to do it."

PHOTOS: Unconventional celeb families

This past January, Cannon told MTV News they "absolutely plan to have a family. But we gotta prioritize, because that's a major, major priority. That's like the only priority in life, when you think about it: starting and raising a family... We wanna make sure everything is out of the way and that we don't have any distractions."

In 1993, Carey wed Sony Music mogul Tommy Mottola; the marriage ended four years later.

PHOTOS: Unforgettable celeb weddings

She shocked fans in 2008 when she wed Cannon in an impromptu ceremony at her Bahamian estate. At the time, she called him her "soul mate."

Balls!! Still not believing it
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasyfiction.aforumfree.com

Mariah Carey Finally Confirms Pregnancy
Page 1 of 1